- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal Health, a statewide office within WA Health, is responsible for facilitating a collaborative and coordinated approach within WA Health's public health system to improve health outcomes for all Aboriginal people living in Western Australia.
Aboriginal Health is principally positioned to provide high level strategic leadership including advice for matters which directly and indirectly impact health outcomes.
Aboriginal Health aims to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people living in Western Australia
- create strategic partnerships to improve the development and management of culturally appropriate health services for Aboriginal people
- lead systemic change to achieve substantive equity for Aboriginal people which ultimately contribute towards healthy and sustainable communities
- support a financially sustainable health care system which focuses on preventative health and wellbeing
- increase Aboriginal consumer, carer and community involvement to enhance access and delivery of culturally appropriate health services
- provide a cultural lens on WA Health's strategic activities.
Adapted from Aboriginal Health abstract
Department of Health
Ground Floor, C Block
189 Royal Street
East Perth WA 6004
Ph: (08) 9222 2478
Report broken link