- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal Sport and Health Funding Program - Indigenous Round Grant
Gippsland Indigenous Round funding is available to sporting clubs in Gippsland, Victoria to host Indigenous rounds in football, netball, basketball and other sporting events.
The Indigenous Round Program provides up to $500 to assist clubs with their events, specifically to include cultural ceremonies and activities.
Successful projects will host a regular season game or event that celebrates Aboriginal culture and community through:
- Welcome to country - performed by an Elder prior to games
- acknowledgement by Aboriginal community member
- a pre-game smoking ceremony
- an Aboriginal dance group performance
- displays and activities
- acknowledgement in game day programs
- involving and engaging local Aboriginal community and organisations in celebrations and activities
- the promotion of healthy lifestyle message, such as choosing water over sugary drinks, reducing smoking and getting active
- displaying health messages and inviting health services to attend (where possible)
- partnering with local Aboriginal organisations (where possible).
Where possibly events should coincide with NAIDOC week (2-9 July 2017) and include relevant local Aboriginal organisations.
PO Box 63
Newborough Vic 3825
Report broken link