- » Key resources and services
Indigenous access scholarships (IAS)
This scholarship aims to improve higher education access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, particularly those who need to relocate from regional and remote areas. It is intended for eligible commencing students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- be a commencing undergraduate student enrolled for the first time at Deakin University in a Commonwealth supported place
- be in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit, or be able to show that they have a personal or family taxable income below the HECS/HELP repayment threshold.
- not hold a bachelor degree or higher-level award unless the award is a prerequisite of the current undergraduate course
- not have previously received payment for an IAS.
The scholarship will include a one-off payment of $4904 to the successful applicant. There are forty five scholarships available.
(03) 9244 6333
Report broken link