- » Key resources and services
Northern Territory Sport voucher scheme
The Northern Territory (NT) Government's Sport voucher scheme helps families cover the cost of their children getting involved in sport, recreation and cultural activities in the Northern Territory (NT).
There are three types of voucher schemes available:
- $200 sport voucher - every remote school age child has access to $200 worth of sport voucher funding annually to participate in a sport, recreation or cultural activities
- $100 sport voucher - this voucher is automatically issued to enrolled, school-aged children living in an urban area across the NT
- $100 Learn to swim voucher - is available for children aged five years and under who are not yet enrolled in school or pre-school and have completed the free Water safety awareness program.
Vouchers can be used for:
- offsetting the cost of active participation in after-school and weekend sport, recreation and cultural activities, including programs, lessons, classes, workshops, special events and festivals
- registration and insurance
- membership fees
- uniforms related to the program or activity being undertaken when purchased through the same registered activity provider (i.e. team uniforms, costuming for performances, activity clothing)
- equipment related to the program or activity being undertaken when purchased through the same registered activity provider (i.e.sports and recreation equipment, instruments, instructional books, music scores and scripts).
Sport vouchers issued in 2015 will expire on Tuesday 31 May 2016.
For more information and application details, follow the links below.
Department of Sport and Recreation
Harbour View Plaza
Cnr McMinn Street and Bennett Street
Darwin NT 0800
GPO Box 1448
Darwin NT 0801
Ph: 1800 817 860
Report broken link