- » Key resources and services
NT Chronic Diseases Network recognition awards
The NT Chronic Diseases Network recognition awards have been held annually since 2008, and provide an opportunity to recognise and celebrate innovation, leadership and achievements made by those working in the field of chronic conditions across the Northern Territory (NT).
There are four award categories:
- Chronic disease health promotion/program delivery award (team/organisation) - this award recognises a team or organisation that has implemented a program that:
- is based on the key principles of health promotion and that actively addresses chronic conditions, risk factors or the impact of chronic conditions
- has achieved significant improvement and/or innovation in health service delivery
- demonstrates sustainability and community engagement
- is based upon current evidence and incorporates comprehensive evaluations.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and leadership award - this award recognises an individual who currently works in the field of chronic conditions and has made an outstanding contribution to Aboriginal chronic conditions/health in the NT
- Outstanding contribution to the prevention and management of chronic conditions in the NT - this is awarded to an individual who has made outstanding contributions in the field of chronic conditions considering factors such as best practice, innovation, leadership, mentoring, advocacy roles and contributions to strategic planning, policy and research
- Continuous quality improvement - this is awarded to an individual or organisation that has achieved significant innovation and/or contribution in the area of continuous quality improvement with the aim of improving the prevention and management of chronic conditions.
Winners will be announced at the Chronic Diseases Network conference.
Application details: Nominations are open in late February/early March every year. For more information please refer to the link below.
NT Department of Health
Chronic Diseases Network
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811
Ph: (08) 8985 8176
Report broken link