- » Key resources and services
Aboriginal Policy Pathway Program
Target audience: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers who already have a Batchelor degree, and who are familiar with the health system.
Course summary: The New South Wales (NSW) Ministry of Health's, Centre of Population Health Aboriginal Policy Pathway Program (APPP) aims to:
- build the health policy knowledge and skills of participants, in the context of practice in the Ministry of Health
- increase the proportion of Aboriginal staff working in the health system, in line with the NSW Health Aboriginal workforce strategy framework 2011-15, in particular in policy analyst, management and senior management roles in the Ministry of Health
- contribute to maximizing the reach, sustainability, cultural appropriateness and effectiveness of population health initiatives led by the Centre of Population Heath, in order to improve the health outcomes of Aboriginal people in NSW
- support a whole of Centre of Population Health approach to the development and implementation of population health programs for Aboriginal people in NSW in a coordinated, integrated and collaborative manner in line with the NSW 10 year Aboriginal health plan 2013-23.
Fee payable: Not specified
Delivery mode: On site
Financial assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students: Not specified
Mr Victor Tawil
Centre for Population Health
Report broken link