- » Key resources and services
Site and soil assessment report writing and evaluation
Target audience: Consultants and regulators involved in the preparation and evaluation of site and soil assessment (geotech) reports submitted in support of development applications for on-site wastewater systems
Course summary: The course will outline key points, common issues and problems associated with addressing and preparing reports. It will also outline the skills required to prepare and assess reports.
Topics covered throughout the technical sessions will include:
- reporting - the process and the people, the regulatory requirements and where the report fits in
- understanding what makes a good report - matching the needs and the offerings
- analytical review of examples of reports as they are currently prepared and received
- site and soil assessment - identifying the limiting factors, understanding the critical criteria, confidence levels and conservatism
- nutrient balances and calculations
- how critical is the climate data?
- doing the numbers - common pitfalls in calculations, system sizing and water balance calculations
- spotting the flaws in the calculations and their significance
- standard proformas and software packages - the pros and cons
- conveying the useful information - from proposal to design installation
- sizing irrigation areas and wet weather storage - deciding what is necessary
- addressing the issues when problems arise - finding common ground.
The course will include lectures and workshop sessions. Participants will be encouraged to discuss and exchange information with other practitioners.
Fee payable: Yes
Delivery mode: On site
For location details, please contact the Centre for Environmental Training (contact details below).
Centre for Environmental Training
197 Main Road
Cardiff NSW 2285
Ph: (02) 4954 4997
Report broken link