- » Key resources and services
Local Government Health and Wellbeing Forum (WALGA)
The Local Government Professional Development Forum on Health and Wellbeing has been organised by WALGA to provide a range of information on health and wellbeing to Local Government Elected Members and Officers.
The Forum will include the following presentations:
- Planetary Health: Protecting and Promoting Human Health in the Anthropocene - Dr Capon is a public health physician and authority on environmental health and health promotion. His research focuses on urbanisation, sustainable development and human health. This presentation focuses on the concept of planetary health, its relevance to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and its application to health and wellbeing for Local Governments.
- Antibiotic Resistance and the AMR Awareness Project - Antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest threats to global health, food security, and development today, as it is causing an increasing number infections to become harder to treat. The AMR Awareness Project aims to provide information on how to reduce the dangers of antibiotic resistance at a local level. Dr Mendelawitz will provide information on the AMR Awareness Project and their latest activities.
Also included in the program are case studies:
- updates on the latest in rural, regional and Aboriginal health
- presentations on the health benefits of playing in nature.
Please see the program for detailed information.
A trade expo will be available for participants to view during breaks, featuring providers of health, wellbeing support and products for Local Governments.
The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet (AIH) Research Officer, Trish Amaranti will be running a AIH cafe at this event.
More information about the HealthInfoNet cafes
Ph: (08) 9213 2082