- » Key resources and services
- » Conferences and events
- » Recognising and Responding to Trauma: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Children and Families
Recognising and Responding to Trauma: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Children and Families
This workshop is aimed at Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers and workers engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children.
Workshop topics include:
- cultural context of trauma work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families
- the nature of trauma
- intergenerational and trans-generational trauma
- understanding trauma related behaviours
- steps towards healing trauma
- responding and easing the impact of trauma
- vicarious trauma
- self-care and self-compassion
- living and working in community.
Please note: Participants are expected to attend both days of the workshop.
Bookings are essential as places are limited, follow the contacts and links below to register.
This workshop is facilitated by the Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Childcare.
Ph: (02) 6202 7200