- » Key resources and services
Training in Trauma-Informed Care and Practice
This one-day training workshop provides attendees with the knowledge and skills to better support clients with experiences of trauma. The workshop highlights how trauma may be affecting health, wellbeing, daily interactions and functioning.
This workshop will assist attendees to:
- utilise knowledge of the types, prevalence and impacts of trauma to articulate the benefits of trauma-informed services
- analyse the stress response to better understand challenges in regulating emotions
- use a trauma-informed lens to re-frame challenging emotions and behaviours as adaptive responses to trauma
- apply the principles of trauma-informed practice to develop strategies which enhance safety, minimise re-traumatisation and support recovery
- perform and individual/organisational practice audit.
The workshops will be held on the following dates in 2017:
- Gold Coast - Friday 17 March
- Hobart - Friday 12 May
- Cairns - Friday 12 May
- Newcastle - Friday 12 May
- Mount Gambier - Wednesday 14 June
- Sydney - Tuesday 20 June.
Material presented in the training will draw on research including from Blue Knot Foundation's Practice Guidelines for treatment of complex trauma and trauma informed care and service delivery.
Blue Knot Foundation
PO Box 597
Milson's Point NSW 1565
Ph: (02) 8920 3611