- » Key resources and services
Fifth National Mental Health Plan National Consultations
This series of national consultations will provide the mental health sector with the opportunity to comment on the draft of the Fifth National Mental Health Plan.
The Fifth Plan will focus on achievable and measurable improvements across seven targeted priority areas:
- integrated regional planning and service delivery
- coordinated treatment and supports for people with severe complex mental illness
- suicide prevention
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health and suicide prevention
- physical health of people living with mental health issues
- stigma and discrimination reduction
- safety and quality in mental health care.
Workshops will be held around the country on the following dates:
- Darwin - Monday 7 November
- Alice Springs - Tuesday 8 November
- Adelaide - Monday 14 November
- Brisbane - Wednesday 16 November
- Townsville - Thursday 17 November
- Sydney - Tuesday 22 November
- Melbourne - Wednesday 23 November
- Perth - Friday 25 November
- Hobart - Wednesday 30 November
- Canberra - Friday 2 December.
The workshops will be complemented by local consultation events convened by some states and territories to consider issues specific to jurisdictions.
Fifth National Mental Health Plan
Department of Health