- » Key resources and services
Understanding the needs of children and families impacted by FASD
This workshop is part of a series of workshops being held by the Indigenous Health Alliance for the National Forum on Valuing Diversity in Allied Health.
The workshop looks at adapting professional practice to accommodate the needs of children and families impacted by Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and early life trauma and includes:
- the Marulu Strategy and Making FASD History - sharing the experience of Fitzroy Valley Leaders and communities
- understanding FASD and the impact on children, young people and their families
- developing a family centered approach that addresses complex individual and family needs and directs limited resources where most needed
- reflecting on current practice and identifying how to make adjustments that have an impact
- building our knowledge and capacity and developing a learning community to generate knowledge and increase understandings and impact.
Indigenous Health Alliance
6b Thesiger Court
Deakin ACT 2600
Ph: (02) 6285 1010