- » Key resources and services
Mental Health Essentials
This one day workshop is designed to educate supervisors and staff on the fundamentals of mental illness.
The workshop educates participants to:
- recognise the symptoms of the most common types of mental illness including anxiety, depression and substance abuse
- understand the difference between stress and mental illness
- identify the triggers of depression and suicide
- confidently handle a conversation with a colleague who is thinking of suicide
- understand how drugs, alcohol and medication affect mental health
- learn why it is important to quickly identify mental health problems
- act quickly and with confidence when trauma affects the workplace
- safeguard your mental wellbeing in difficult situations
- avoid the two common organisational responses to mental illness
- implement triggers of good mental health.
When: Thursday 10 November 2016
Venue: Comfort Inn Wentworth Plaza, 300 Murray Street, Perth, WA
The workshop is run by the Mental Health Recovery Institute. Registration closes Thursday 19 May 2016.
Mental Health Recovery Institute
Ph: (02) 8003 3600